Acropora story

cocoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh acro, why do you pull my strings so.
I have been chasing this variety for a long while now... Two years or more. Only ever see it at coralcollectors.com listed as “Bali’s blue bling”
First one i ordered rtn upon arrival, was already damaged right outta the bag, died completely n a day or two. Got the second one for free in my next order, but same story.... rtn right outta the bag. I dipped it and fragged the very tip.
7B8D741D-D43D-42E1-A874-47CFA4821471.jpeg
got three or four polyps to live, but lost most the color and polyp extension disappeared.
Been nursing it since last february. I run to my tank after work everyday and check it out. Been looking the same since i got it...... But!!! in the past month it finally started to jump for me.
37D3BF45-827B-4ADA-83C6-56771E13D530.jpeg

Photos from the vendor website have darker polyps, but im so tickled sleeping beauty woke up that i had to post my “story”
Will be so cool to see what happens next. At this rate it looks to be a quick grower, now that it finally snapped out of the funk.
fingers crossed i will be adding more photos to this post soon..... of encrusting base and then BRANCHES!!!
Dunno the species, the larger colonies remind me of blue hoeksemai, but at this size and shape it looks rather tenuis.
Please post other “acro stories” here!
The longer the trials and tribulations the better, the more photos the better. Lets see some hard work paid off!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back