Acropora Tissue Recession... need experts here plz.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Syntax1235
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
1,150
Reaction score
757
Location
Maine, USA
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without going into much detail does anyone know what this is? It starts at the base of my acros and eventually the entire colony dies, takes weeks to months but once I see this the colony eventually dies. Any idea?

The recession you see has taken about a month since I noticed it at the very base of the coral as a super thin strip.

IMG_1772.jpg
IMG_1778.jpg
 
There are numerous things that can cause stn/rtn. Posting full tank parameters is a good place to start.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new