whats the coral selection like at ur lfs in hong kong i have always wondered if its different then America cause we have so many rules on importation
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Such a Awesome tank.. Ive been following your thread on RC since the beginning, Glad to see you here.. Well done..
whats the coral selection like at ur lfs in hong kong i have always wondered if its different then America cause we have so many rules on importation
Thanks CJ :)
I'm thinking of getting a set of macro filters (probably kenko or something similar) to get some closer shots on the polyps too, but they're a little hard to find locally.
You have a great looking setup, congrats!
Sonny
With what were you planning to use them? Your micro lens? The depth of field you end up with may not make it possible to get decent pictures.
CJ
Thanks~
p.s. love your avatar, that guy's awesome haha.
Well we usually get to buy full colonies of SPS from Indonesia/Thailand/Vietnam/Fiji etc., at the price of a small frag sold in the States.
For example, the millie colonies you saw in my FTS, including the sunset green millie, I bought them for about US$ 30-40.
Here's what I called "window dressing" from our LFS, photos taken by Andrew.
![]()
![]()
Holy cow THAT'S your selection? Just wow, I don;t think I've ever seen that good SPS colonies in any LFS I've ever waltzed into the last eight years reefing. That's just awesome!
Yeah that's our selection, and the best thing? These colonies all run between US$ 30-50 each (for SPS colonies coming from Indonesia, more expensive if they're coming from Fiji).
I know, we're spoiled haha.
That usually last for 2-3 days after a shipment arrived, you've NO IDEA how fast these things are sold :)
Sometimes we gather up a bunch of reefers from a local forum and group-buy these colonies, then frag them on the site so we end up only having to pay like $5 a LARGE frag :)
Yeah that's our selection, and the best thing? These colonies all run between US$ 30-50 each (for SPS colonies coming from Indonesia, more expensive if they're coming from Fiji).
I know, we're spoiled haha.
That usually last for 2-3 days after a shipment arrived, you've NO IDEA how fast these things are sold :)
Sometimes we gather up a bunch of reefers from a local forum and group-buy these colonies, then frag them on the site so we end up only having to pay like $5 a LARGE frag :)
wow, thinking maybe i should plan a trip there and fill my pockets and suitcase and everything else with those nice corals and bring them back to the states. guess thats one of those draw back not living closer to the ocean. loving those pics, especially that tri-color, very beautiful. nice looking tank, keep up the good work.
greg
That's so insane... why oh why can't we have that here. I wonder if the reefing hobby was as popular here as it is over there.. would we see similar prices maybe?
That is crazy. The only time I've seen that many acros at one time are in the sponsor forums here, haha. Such a big difference between the different 2 sides of the world (they are still saying its flat, right?)