Acrylic aquariums

  • Thread starter Thread starter Karsseboom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Karsseboom

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up an acrylic tank and was wondering about the lighting with them. The tank is a standard size with the 2 cut out on top for feeding or whatever. The problem I have is will the light still penetrate through the top? The light is a mh pendant which is way bigger then the cut out on top. I will try and place the light center with the cut out but it looks like a lot of light will need to go through the acrylic. Would it be a bad idea to cut the top a few inches to widened the opening?
 
light will penetrate but i would put the higher light demand corals directly underneath the halide.
 
Do not cut the top, it will not come out good, believe me. Might will easily pass through the acrylic, just be sure to keep the brace clean, I dealt with the same thing when I had a glass brace.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new