acrylic bonding

marlowe27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a leak on my acrylic bonded chimney. To fix it, I want to paste a corner in this place. In the place where I live, it's hard to find an acrylic square. I have a question. Can I use any other material instead of acrylic? This is the bottom of the chimney so I can use anything as it won't be visible anyway.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures and a better description would help. But for what it's worth polycarbonate, PVC and ABS can be glued to acrylic with weldon (scigrip) 40. You might also try using casting resin to repare it. What you can't use is polyethelene.

OP
OP
M

marlowe27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Weldon but unfortunately it still leaks a bit. I read all night and found out that the plate should be covered with silicone. But which one to use? I read about some cement silicones .... please help

aqua.jpg

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Weldon but unfortunately it still leaks a bit. I read all night and found out that the plate should be covered with silicone. But which one to use? I read about some cement silicones .... please help

aqua.jpg

This is 1000% not what I pictured when you said "chimney"!!

GE silicone 1 should be reef safe, make sure it has no "mold inhibitors". You can also grab the "aquarium silicone" from a store since you wont need that much.

Could you just add some of the thicker weld on to the joints??

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back