Acrylic DIY gone awry

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDJeep123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Bummer, If I had seen this before I could have built you some inserts to replace the overflow teeth that were damaged. I just use a standard table saw. That gives me a nice thin 1/8" gap between the overflow teeth.

Looks like the stuff you're using is doing the job though.
 
Actually as son as the chambers fill up the pressure is minimal to hold it in place. The only real issue you will have are with the baffles if they hold any pressure. If they need to hold pressure, more than likely they will fail at some point in the future. I would suspect it will last for awhile, but 6 months down the road I would guess something will have let loose.

I did the same thing as you with my original tank's overflow. It lasted for awhile only because there was no real pressure on it. I got lucky.

I guess all I can do is bide my time. :(

Bummer, If I had seen this before I could have built you some inserts to replace the overflow teeth that were damaged. I just use a standard table saw. That gives me a nice thin 1/8" gap between the overflow teeth.

Looks like the stuff you're using is doing the job though.

I am using gutter guard glued to the where the teeth used to be. While it looks nice, I think there's just too much flow that goes in. *shrugs* The overflow teeth would've been ideal. I was unfortunately using a saw that felt more like a jackhammer. lol. I appreciate the willingness though. Perhaps in the future, I'll seek you out. :thumb:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new