Acrylic sump thickness

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

for DIY sump what thickness acrylic would be necessary. I’m fairly handy with DIY however I’ve never worked with acrylic but believe I have the skills, but I’m unsure on thickness I’m guessing between sump size is approximately 900mm x 500mm x 400mm roughly.

Regards Duzzy

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to know where baffles are going. If there are several on the long side, I’m guessing your longest span would be the front to back 500mm? If that’s correct you should be looking at 6mm or thicker acrylic.

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP is right I personally like the look of THICK acrlyic sumps 10mm. If you have a lot of baffles you could get away with thinner but it will bow a little. It really depends on the design. Pic or cad of the drawing?

OP
OP
Duzzy

Duzzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP is right I personally like the look of THICK acrlyic sumps 10mm. If you have a lot of baffles you could get away with thinner but it will bow a little. It really depends on the design. Pic or cad of the drawing?
Don’t know how to do cad I’ll draw it on graph paper as best I can today. I’m thinking 10 mm i think it may be easier to work with.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back