OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal does it hint at ich or velvet that it’s hitting the flat bodied (acanthuriformes) first? None of my other fish have shown any change.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regal is not looking good. Lethargic and sitting at the bottom of the QT. This one will be hard to take as it was a rescue with HLLE and I really bonded with it as recovered.
Good luck with the regal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal does it hint at ich or velvet that it’s hitting the flat bodied (acanthuriformes) first? None of my other fish have shown any change.
Can I get updated videos?

The fish are currently in copper, but it wasn’t clear when I reread this, have you treated for flukes yet?

Jay

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The fish are currently in copper, but it wasn’t clear when I reread this, have you treated for flukes yet?

Jay
So the DT has had a treatment of prazi and a separate QT has had a treatment of copper. I did this because I could only catch half the fish as most of my scape is cemented in and I just couldn’t catch some of the fish.

The plan tomorrow is a good sized water change on the DT. Dose copper to the DT and then add back the fish in the QT.

Would use suggest continuing the prazi though or swapping to general?

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
I doubt a video will help. As you can see the fish are all acting healthy except a bit shy. The Foxface always does that btw. It’s a coward and goes full camo whenever I’m in the room.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the DT has had a treatment of prazi and a separate QT has had a treatment of copper. I did this because I could only catch half the fish as most of my scape is cemented in and I just couldn’t catch some of the fish.

The plan tomorrow is a good sized water change on the DT. Dose copper to the DT and then add back the fish in the QT.

Would use suggest continuing the prazi though or swapping to general?
No, prazi is fine. I only suggested GC because of the metronidazole in it has some basic anti parasitic effect.

I couldn’t gain any other clues from the video, sorry.

Jay

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, prazi is fine. I only suggested GC because of the metronidazole in it has some basic anti parasitic effect.

I couldn’t gain any other clues from the video, sorry.

Jay
Yeah I wish I took a photo of the tang as that was obviously velvet, or something similar. Pale with a ton of little white dots.
I had to give up on the regal. Not sure if this helps. It was gulping on its side so I gave it a quick bonk so but sure if the bright red gills are from that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 22

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I wish I took a photo of the tang as that was obviously velvet, or something similar. Pale with a ton of little white dots.
I had to give up on the regal. Not sure if this helps. It was gulping on its side so I gave it a quick bonk so but sure if the bright red gills are from that.
Ugh. The bright red gills tend to rule out flukes and other diseases that cause anemia.
Copper takes up to three days to begin working. The problem can be that the fish may not have enough time left.
Jay

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m feeling positive. All of my fish appear healthy and are eating except the eels which were fed before copper.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal
Surprisingly one of my eels is eating well in copper and it’s the one that usually doesn’t eat. The banded. Everything else is looking good too!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back