• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Addictive Reef Keeping site

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I ordered Brittle Star fish from addictive reef keeping and when my ordered finally arrived after all the postal mail delays the starfish were dead and all but disintegrated in the bag. I mailed Addictive reef keeping four days ago about it I have not heard back from them yet. I don’t know if it is because of the holiday that responses are slow or if they are usually tough to get response from. Has anyone dealt with them before in past as far as trying to reach them.

Arcflash_207

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some dry rock from them and it took 4-5 days to ship, and they were slow to respond to a message I had sent a few weeks prior, I think they are just swamped.

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck .....Tyler’s not very customer service friendly. In addition most of his advertised items are not the same as received. Well in your case you did receive a extremely brittle starfish.
68BFA828-4B78-462A-850D-8578B3933043.jpeg

Arcflash_207

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang my buddy bought 20 lbs of white dry rock and it seemed good, but it makes me a little nervous that I just bought 130..

Frozen Tundra Reef Dreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
website says 5 days handling time due to covid. 12 days later not even shipped. when I asked on the 10th he said he was working on orders from the 5th. last night i ask he says hes on orders from the 3rd. now he says 20 days handling time.

i said im done with the runaround, refund. and he likes all my fb posts when I call him out etc. eneded upmgetting marco rocks instead

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcflash_207

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dudes an idiot. website says 5 days handling time due to covid. 12 days later not even shipped. when I asked on the 10th he said he was working on orders from the 5th. last night i ask he says hes on orders from the 3rd. now he says 20 days handling time.

i said im done with the runaround, refund. and he likes all my fb posts when I call him out etc. eneded upmgetting marco rocks instead
I was happy with the rock I got but his customer service is highly lacking.

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some algae. He shipped it out 2 days later than he told me he would, and it took him like 5 days to reply when my order arrived dead...not his fault, but customer service isn't great.

rwheeler0213

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I ordered Brittle Star fish from addictive reef keeping and when my ordered finally arrived after all the postal mail delays the starfish were dead and all but disintegrated in the bag. I mailed Addictive reef keeping four days ago about it I have not heard back from them yet. I don’t know if it is because of the holiday that responses are slow or if they are usually tough to get response from. Has anyone dealt with them before in past as far as trying to reach them.
Ordered 5 cups of Chaeto from him and he sent 1 cup. I've emailed him twice and have received responses both times that he'd send the other 4 soon. 2 months now and he hasn't sent the order. So obviously he took my money with every intention of ripping me off. Disputed the charge in my Amex and got my money back.

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea he sent my brittle starfish a second time and they arrived dead again and was delayed I didn't even waste my time contacting him a second time and just marked it down as someone's ill never do business with again.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had all kinds of trouble with his rock. It got a 1 year cure time and has been in the tank for 10 months and it’s still acting like it came out of the quarry 6 months ago. Definitely don’t recommend it.

I think it may have something to do with how he power washed the rock. I’ve never had rock bind PO4 for this many months. Initial I thought it may have been the bacteria I cycled the rock with, but when I found out he power washed the rock I’m thinking it may have something to do with that, because almost all my tanks have been dry Marco rock, and although the rock is difficult IMO, I’ve never had it act like this.

I agree with the rest of the comments. The guy lacks customer service skills, and was honest a jerk when I had a brief conversation with him.

cschumaker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2024 update. Things haven’t changed. Didn’t receive all of my order and was told he knew he left the coral out of the shipment because the box was full…and didn’t communicate as such. Had to ask where it was. Later said he would have had to use a second 8x8x8 box so just left it out.

Had to ask multiple times about when order was going to ship and ask if I was going to get a refund for what I didn’t get. He did refund promptly after that though.

I’ll go elsewhere from now on. Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back