Adding 2nd Batch of Fish to New Aquarium

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it would be neat if you posted a full tank pic so we can see if you used the same degree of rocks any other tank that size used, which is always enough. half the usual amount is still more than you need (which is exactly why negative aquascape owners don't crash on their given fish loading)

your tank has already been running post cycle, which built up the requisite bacteria, with a fish load already in place a week, and these bacteria don't take 7 days to multiply, your active surfaces are loaded in bacteria= new cycling science does not doubt biofiltration it aims reefers into disease preps, which is where the losses are comprised for the new tanks on the site or any other site. failed cycles don't have any examples.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a counter example to the 'risk' of too-quick biofilter use: the most items I've ever seen stocked on day one of a dry start reef (he stocked multiple fish, anemones etc on day one)

See how powerful bottled bacteria is

You didn't even ask that much out of your system in the first month, much less the same day. It's specifically why I'm sure cycling isn't your risk. Ike's disease came a year into his tank running... we find in the disease forum about eight months is average once biosecurity is broken one way or another

You were five times nicer to your cycle than Ike was: cycles aren't the concern.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 173 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 44 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back