Adding a Frag Tank

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm picking up an Advanced Acrylics 20"x20"x12" frag tank (20g) with an external overflow (1" Bulkhead Drain with a 3/4" Bulkhead return) and plan to plumb it into my existing Red Sea Reefer 425XL. I'm looking to have this system share the same sump but with a different return pump. Any suggestions on return pumps? The tank will sit directly next to the Reefer.

Thanks!

Stephen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of Sicce. The size or model you would need would depend on a few factors though.

OP
OP
G

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge fan of Sicce. The size or model you would need would depend on a few factors though.
Based on the frag tank it looks like I’ll use a 3/4in return. It’ll probably be on a 3ft stand around 2ft away from the return pump. I’m not looking for the return to be the main source of flow in the tank as I bought a Red Sea 25 gyre for the tank. I’ve been looking into Sicce since I’ve only heard good things.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm picking up an Advanced Acrylics 20"x20"x12" frag tank (20g) with an external overflow (1" Bulkhead Drain with a 3/4" Bulkhead return) and plan to plumb it into my existing Red Sea Reefer 425XL. I'm looking to have this system share the same sump but with a different return pump. Any suggestions on return pumps? The tank will sit directly next to the Reefer.

Thanks!

There isn't any way to make a manifold to feed the frag tank and the main? Thats what I did. Only reason I'm asking.

OP
OP
G

Goneaway562

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn't any way to make a manifold to feed the frag tank and the main? Thats what I did. Only reason I'm asking.
I technically could do it but I already run my return around 80% or so. Plus I wanted to be able to have two "independent" systems not relying on the same pump.

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I technically could do it but I already run my return around 80% or so. Plus I wanted to be able to have two "independent" systems not relying on the same pump.

I would just get a cheap dc jebao pump off Amazon. I've been using them for 2 years with no problems.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back