Adding an external sump for a JBJ Rl-65

JOSH2SIMMONS

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2021
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Boca Raton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, need some advice. I currently have a JBJ 65g rimless with the stock setup with the filter socks and media. I want to add an external sump. I know I need an overflow box and obviously a sump. I have a fluval flex 37 that I can use as the sump. What are some recommendations people have for a hood overflow box and which company makes good insert to create the sump or would I just be better off buying a premade sump? Also, what other items are needed to get this set up? Any help is greatly appreciated

84185829-F5D0-410F-8BF2-16D7819D2AF7.jpeg 6E0AE879-63B1-4BAE-9A6B-1FA0823D7854.jpeg
 
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new