Adding another clown to the tank

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I had 2 Juvenile black storms but sadly one of them passed. However I have a large adult Picasso that I have in another tank that I wanted to try to add to my main display with the black storm. Is this possible or will the adult kill the juvenile hats only about a little over an inch long? Thanks in advance for your help

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all. I had 2 Juvenile black storms but sadly one of them passed. However I have a large adult Picasso that I have in another tank that I wanted to try to add to my main display with the black storm. Is this possible or will the adult kill the juvenile hats only about a little over an inch long? Thanks in advance for your help

I'm sorry for the loss of the black storm. With clownfish nothing is guaranteed, but I think it is worth the risk to try to put the remaining two in the same tank. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

OP
OP
Nht

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clownfish experts? I could really use the help

Snowclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully your remain black storm is a male. Your large piscasso is a definitely female for sure. If they are different size, should be no problem.

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At that small of a size it probably hasn’t changed to female. Plus you are adding the larger one into the smaller ones territory. I think the odds are pretty good. Recommend you stand guard over the tank for a while after you add the larger one so you can yank it out if there’s trouble.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back