Adding another tank to my Apex

rogerrgr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Apex controller on my reef tank in the living room. I have an older Ac Junior and EB8 on my seahorse tank.
My question is what is my best option to be able to control the seahorse tank with an Apex. I would like to monitor temp and Ph and be able to switch on and off outlets with Fusion like I can on my reef tank.
Can I just link it to my reef tank Apex and get another module or would I have to get a separate Apex Jr or something? Thanks!

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a long bus cable, and a PM1 module to link another EB 8 to the current Apex. You can hook a PH probe and a temp probe to the pm1 module

OP
OP
rogerrgr

rogerrgr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the distance between the two?
It's about 30' or so apart and would have to run it down through the basement.
You need a long bus cable, and a PM1 module to link another EB 8 to the current Apex. You can hook a PH probe and a temp probe to the pm1 module
And then I could hook my current DC8 from my ac jr to the PM1 module? Thanks!
Depending on the distance between the two tanks, you can find a suitable Aquabus cable to connect an EB8 or EB4 and a PM1 module.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links, but make sure you buy the APEX cable.
http://www.usbfirewire.com/Parts/rr-apex-xxg.html
Thanks! Are the aquabus cables different than a USB cable?

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no difference between USB cables and Aquabus cables. The cables are the same. Only the voltage and signals carried are different. Any cable with the proper connectors may be used with the Apex as long as it is just a cable and does not have repeaters in it (as some long USB cables have).

OP
OP
rogerrgr

rogerrgr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no difference between USB cables and Aquabus cables. The cables are the same. Only the voltage and signals carried are different. Any cable with the proper connectors may be used with the Apex as long as it is just a cable and does not have repeaters in it (as some long USB cables have).
Thank you!

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some long USB Cables have repeaters in them, You do not want any repeaters.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 68 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back