Adding Corals to Fallow Tank

tonarcega

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2020
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I'm new to saltwater and my current tank is a FOWLR and currently on fallow due to ich infestation. Can I add a few LPS to my tank?
 
What kind of lighting do you have? what kind of flow?
FOWLR's generally have higher nitrates, what's your nitrates and phosphates at?
What fish are going back into the tank? some FOWLR fish might be coral nippers/eaters.
We'll probably need a little more info on your setup.
 
If your question is in regards to ich and whether introducing corals to your tank at this time would be safe, then yes now is a great time to add new corals. But keep in mind that your fallow timer restarts when you add new substrate or coral.
 
What kind of lighting do you have? what kind of flow?
FOWLR's generally have higher nitrates, what's your nitrates and phosphates at?
What fish are going back into the tank? some FOWLR fish might be coral nippers/eaters.
We'll probably need a little more info on your setup.
I have aqua zonic t5 HO lights. My parameters are actually good. Back when I have fishes I do my water changes every week. I have 2 ocellaris clownfish 1 firefish goby and 1 mimic tang
 
If your question is in regards to ich and whether introducing corals to your tank at this time would be safe, then yes now is a great time to add new corals. But keep in mind that your fallow timer restarts when you add new substrate or coral.
I really don't mind the restart on my fallow timer now. It has only been 1 week since I started my fallow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new