Adding Corals to Fallow Tank

tonarcega

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I'm new to saltwater and my current tank is a FOWLR and currently on fallow due to ich infestation. Can I add a few LPS to my tank?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting do you have? what kind of flow?
FOWLR's generally have higher nitrates, what's your nitrates and phosphates at?
What fish are going back into the tank? some FOWLR fish might be coral nippers/eaters.
We'll probably need a little more info on your setup.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your question is in regards to ich and whether introducing corals to your tank at this time would be safe, then yes now is a great time to add new corals. But keep in mind that your fallow timer restarts when you add new substrate or coral.

OP
OP
tonarcega

tonarcega

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of lighting do you have? what kind of flow?
FOWLR's generally have higher nitrates, what's your nitrates and phosphates at?
What fish are going back into the tank? some FOWLR fish might be coral nippers/eaters.
We'll probably need a little more info on your setup.
I have aqua zonic t5 HO lights. My parameters are actually good. Back when I have fishes I do my water changes every week. I have 2 ocellaris clownfish 1 firefish goby and 1 mimic tang

OP
OP
tonarcega

tonarcega

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your question is in regards to ich and whether introducing corals to your tank at this time would be safe, then yes now is a great time to add new corals. But keep in mind that your fallow timer restarts when you add new substrate or coral.
I really don't mind the restart on my fallow timer now. It has only been 1 week since I started my fallow.

Back