Adding Evansi Anthias to current stock - good or bad?

jo2mat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I’m thinking of adding some evansi Anthias (3-5) into my 75 gallon tank. Currently I have the following fish stock - Gem tang, borbonius, 4 wrasses (rhomboid, flame, pintail, leopard). Good or bad idea?

thank you in advance for your suggestion.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that would be a fun addition to the system, Anthias have a great way of showing off in schools and in my opinion do better in odd numbers.

As for your current stock I do not see any issues other than maybe the tang picking on them initially, but that is just tang nature. One thing I will mention which I am sure you know about is the need for several feedings through out the day for the anthias. Hope this helps out, and let us know how it goes and what way you go with for your tank!

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a group of 5 dispar anthias and added 3 Evansi a month or so ago and they are doing great.
Very active, stay together, and need to be fed often.
Other tank mates are a mix of angels, wrasses, tang, flame hawk with two sunburst anthias. They seem to fit in well, stay in top 3rd of tank

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evansi is among the trickier pseudoanthias ..... though not Tuka impossible. Very rare to see them thrive past a year. Better choices would be resplendent or dispar.

Back