ADDING FISH BACK AFTER 120 DAYS FALLOW

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally did it! I added 2 of 6 fish back into my aquarium after running 120 days fallow. I decided to add my little conspicuous and true personifier angelfish first and I am adding my gem tang, regal, and male scribbled angelfish next week. These two were in QT together and now demonstrate the closest bond. I added the personifier first and he landed on one side of my display and the conspicuous landed on the opposite side of the aquarium. They remained on their perspective sides for several hours before starting to explore the land. I wish I would have recorded the very moment they found one another, it was so amazing! They started swimming frantically around and circling around each other with excitement. Now they are attached at the hip.

Last edited:

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!!

Just curious, why such a long fallow? I was under the assumption of 76 being pretty good for parasitic lifecycle interruption/eradication.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats!!!

Just curious, why such a long fallow? I was under the assumption of 76 being pretty good for parasitic lifecycle interruption/eradication.
I added a new coral 4 weeks into fallow period because I just couldn’t pass it up. Fallow period had to start over.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 45 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back