Adding HOB skimmer question ..

Ryan Rioux

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2016
Messages
614
Reaction score
130
Location
Boston ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , I've had my aquamaxx skimmer off for a couple weeks now , and I've finally added livestock back to my DT after a 88 day fallow period . When adding my hob skimmer back on the tank , it states to add tank water into the skimmer and begin running . When I first added the skimmer 6 months ago I remember adding RO water back to tank after filling skimmer which lowered the salinity level crazily ! The tank is a 20 long, so I want to be sure It's done properly so I don't affect salinity level again. should it be saltwater added back to tank to maintain the 1.025 level?!
 
Yup. Unless you are looking to dilute/drop the salinity, you need to fill it with salt water at the same salinity as your tank.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new