Adding more fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have a 22gal tank that has had two per ups clowns in for around two weeks and I’m getting some snails and hermit crabs today I was wondering if I could get another fish today aswell like a royal gramma can I get the snails hermits and royal gramma today or not ?i also need help deciding if I want a royal gramma or a different fish but I’m 95% sure I want the royal gramma (the filter has just fell a little but is still in place I’m going to move it today )

image.jpg

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks everyone I will just get hermits and snails today what types of snails or hermits are best ? I’m thinking dwarf red tip hermits and I like the Astraea turbo snails and maybe a narcissus snail but I’m not sure

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Banded Trochus and Nassarius snails are a good start
Great thank you how many of each and can they climb out of the tank ? Also can I get an emerald crab today or not ?

Last edited:

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thank you how many of each and can they climb out of the tank ? Also can I get an emerald crab today or not ?
Honestly I would just start with 1 snail (astrea or trochus) and 1 hermit. There isn’t much in your tank for them to eat right now by the looks of the very white rock. If you get to many they may starve. Once you start getting g the uglies you can add more to keep up.

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME nassarius snails eat all leftover food that drops to the bottom and they move the sandbed around. Trochus I've had seem very lazy and dont do much, but maybe coz I dont really have algae growing on the glass. Turbo snails are good for scavenging on the rocks, but didnt survive long due to lack of algae on the rocks and I found them very sensitive to salinity fluctuations..

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 61 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back