adding more flow

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently in my waterbox 90.3 I have a reefwave 45 set to 50% random flow. I can't help but think directly under the powerhead I have a dead spot. I am considering adding either a reefwave 25. or removing the reefwave 45 and purchasing 2 x ai nero 5. Or could totally mix it up and add a nero 5 or 3 with the reefwave45?

Interested to know peoples thoughts. I have a mixed reef with mostly all frags at the minute.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the Nero if you've got the budget to but or better yet the Jebao equivalent to save more money for coral.

Frankly tho my favorite solution is to use loc line from my returns to circulate perceived dead spots.

OP
OP
cooksterni

cooksterni

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the Nero if you've got the budget to but or better yet the Jebao equivalent to save more money for coral.

Frankly tho my favorite solution is to use loc line from my returns to circulate perceived dead spots.
Cheers for the advice. didn't realise there was an equivalent jebao, must get a look. Possibly worth a try.

I have used the little bit of loc line from my return to direct it as much I can but overall I'm not sure one oversized powerhead at one size is a great idea. I really just liked the idea of having more sides free from powerheads

Back