Adding more green chromis

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I have 3 green chromis and love them. I've not seen an ounce of aggression. I'd love to add some more, possibly another 3 or 4, but worry about disrupting the peace.

My tank is 6 foot and has other bigger tangs in it which is maybe why they stay in check. They occasionally clash with my damsels but very rarely.

Do you think Its a good or bad idea to add more? I have quite a few hiding spots..here is my tank

20210803_204905.jpg

Chiraq

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice display tank you got there...

You should be fine adding more chromis.. I'd just recommend adding them when tank lights are off for obvious reasons.. also make sure you get them quarantined or quarantine them yourself so you don't risk introducing diseases in your setup..

Best of luck!

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice display tank you got there...

You should be fine adding more chromis.. I'd just recommend adding them when tank lights are off for obvious reasons.. also make sure you get them quarantined or quarantine them yourself so you don't risk introducing diseases in your setup..

Best of luck!
Thanks very much! Yes I have a QT tank, I learnt the hard way!

Maybe I will give it a try. Thanks!

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

those things are often murderous and socially disfunctional …keep us posted on your success
Thats why I'm worried about disrupting the peace. Once they are in they will be very difficult to catch again if they start fighting. Hmmm...decisions...

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if these implode maybe add the Caribbean dark blue type in lieu of afterwards or even at the same time… Supposedly the dark blues get along better although the last 3 I got mysteriously disappeared

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if these implode maybe add the Caribbean dark blue type in lieu of afterwards or even at the same time… Supposedly the dark blues get along better although the last 3 I got mysteriously disappeared
Interesting thankyou, I will read into that

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna say the “official name” is Carribean reef chromis, but not sure…Again these are darker blue…
those lil yellow and beige ones don’t seem so chippy either… eitherway I’ve never had a school of chromis past 12 - 18 mos….good luck

Back