Adding new fish

New2Fishes123

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering what some of you would recommend for adding my next new fish to my FOWLR tank. I currently have 2 clowns, a lemon peel angel and a chocolate chip star fish. All get along great, no aggression and the tank is about one year mature. Any thoughts or recommendations?
 
What type of fish are you looking for? Some Halichoeres wrasses or Leopard wrasses might be a nice addition if you have sand in the tank. Most tangs are too big.
 
1782449677397.jpeg

This is my Dot Dash Butterfly (aka Spotband). Very hardy, and stay at about 5".
 
What type of fish are you looking for? Some Halichoeres wrasses or Leopard wrasses might be a nice addition if you have sand in the tank. Most tangs are too big.
I was thinking about a wrasse or a goby
 
I would get a blenny or goby next! Can't go wrong with a Yellow Watchman Goby
 
@New2Fishes123 , not agressive, but in your 60 gallon it might not like a new fish after it settles in, so might be good to go last.

1782480970556.jpeg


Also I was thinking you might like a Flame Hawk; they perch on rocks and sand, rather than swim much in the typical fashion.
 
Blennies are always fun. I have a bicolor blenny who is always keeping an eye on the tank.

You could get a goby as well. Watchman are fun. Clown gobies are another goby that will always be watching you.
 
I'd go with a peaceful fish like a royal gramma, firefish, or a fairy wrasse. They fit well with your current stock and add great color without causing trouble. Just be sure to quarantine first and avoid anything that might nip at your lemon peel or harass the clowns.
Ok great info. I looked into the fairy wrasse and it does look like a good addition. Thank you for your help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new