Adding Pumps to Display Tank - Seeking Advice

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

Looking for opinions/feedback on additional pumps for my Waterbox 7226. Currently I have 2 MP40QD's on the left side of the tank, and a single MP60QD on the right side. My tank is SPS dominant, and I feel like I don't have enough flow, and have some dead spots. I tried a few Gyre 4K pumps from Icecap, which in all candor were garbage, and stopped working over time.

I was thinking maybe 1 additional MP60 on the right side, or 2 MP40's along with the MP60 on the right side, but open to suggestions. The tank is 6' long (210 gallons)

Cheers!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest your probably fine as you are, but you can also check out the ecotech web site, there’s a flow calculator on there

In my large system (530g) I just have an MP60 at each end and MP40 in the middle and it’s fine

But it’s all personal preference and your hobby, so if it makes you happier go for it.

These reef tanks are all about staring at them and enjoying them, so if somethings annoying you, fix it.

OP
OP
Hair Algae Wizard

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest your probably fine as you are, but you can also check out the ecotech web site, there’s a flow calculator on there

In my large system (530g) I just have an MP60 at each end and MP40 in the middle and it’s fine

But it’s all personal preference and your hobby, so if it makes you happier go for it.

These reef tanks are all about staring at them and enjoying them, so if somethings annoying you, fix it.

Thank you, and WOW your tank is beautiful!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back