Adding sand to my bare bottom 120

Bustyraker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
564
Reaction score
148
Location
Hagerstown MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 120 gallon reef has been bare bottom for about 3 years now and I'm thinking about adding sand this weekend. Can I add a 2 inch sandbed all at once or should I space it out a few days? Id rather get the sandstorm over with all at once. Also any tips on adding sand other than using PVC tubing? I've rinsed sand before but it takes forever and makes it a huge pain pouring it down the PVC
 
Just get 2-3" PVC. Dry out the sand for a couple days and you should be good. If you dont want a sand storm gradually add it over a few days. I think you're still going to get some cloudy water. If it were me I'd just do it all at once and do a 25-30% water change right after I added it.
 
Just get 2-3" PVC. Dry out the sand for a couple days and you should be good. If you dont want a sand storm gradually add it over a few days. I think you're still going to get some cloudy water. If it were me I'd just do it all at once and do a 25-30% water change right after I added it.
I agree.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new