Adding t5 to mitras lx7

[email protected]

View Badges
Reaction score
Without changing the overall color, you can try out a 2:1 mix of blue and 50/50 if you're going to add 4x T5 bulbs.

If you're doing 2x T5, then 2x blue would be fine to use.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
I don't have Mitras yet, but am running Kessils with T5s. The LEDs have a sunrise/sunset ramp and then my T5s are on for 8 hours "midday".

With your waterbox setup, and LED fixtures, I believe the Mitras can be turned 90 degrees correct? I would try that before adding T5s. I've seen a couple setups on here with Mitras in a Aquatic Life fixtures.

Roush427R

View Badges
Reaction score
I added t5s to mine just to see how it looked and I didn't like it. It ended up negating the cloud cover and the shimmer.

Something to think about.

OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My lights are already 13" above water line. Tank is I think 22-23" deep. I believe my lights are 12 from sides of tank. I'll just try 100% intensity and see if I can get the ends as much as I can. But middle of sand bed dead center between both mitras are already 170-200 par

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
What about turning them 90 degrees? That should give you a bit more light at the ends. Although, you may lose some PAR in front and back.

OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Another option. I didn't think of this but I'd wait for a sale like I did with these. Is get a 3rd lx7. And build some aluminum pendant type to hang all 3. Then I can put them more spread out. Across the tank.
I would have to get creative on how to hang all 3 together. Then I can put one like 8" to each side and middle centered to those

Last edited:
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Would 2 bars across the tank like this work. T slot bottom to mount the lights so they can slide where I want them. And a t slot on top to mount cable to so I can slide to the location. Not sure if they have end caps for that. But would this work?
Screenshot_20200617-121918.png

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Would 2 bars across the tank like this work. T slot bottom to mount the lights so they can slide where I want them. And a t slot on top to mount cable to so I can slide to the location. Not sure if they have end caps for that. But would this work?
Screenshot_20200617-121918.png
I made my stand from 8020!

That size is overkill, but you need the top & bottom T-slot. I understand what you are trying to do, and attaching the mounting cable on top will be easy, but since the LX7206 have tapped mounting holes, how do you intend on tightening the mounting screws in the light and T-slot nut at the same time?

Do you use NON-AQUARIUM items on your aquarium?

• Yes a lot

Votes: 149 44.7%
  • Yes but very little

Votes: 130 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 54 16.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

CADE Aquariums: Christmas in July