Addition order??

prospervandale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got a 75 gallon that’s been set up since November 16th, so it’s been up for 6 weeks tomorrow. I have 40lbs of live sand, 40lbs of dry sand. roughly 90lbs of rock, (60 dry), Then another 30lbs of established live rock that was brought home in buckets and never spent more than 2 minutes out of the water. I have gracialara exploding in the sump and Xenia taking off down there too. There’s all kinds of pods, and asterinas and brittle stars. Now I’ve been feeding 1/4-1 cube of. Mysis a day to “ghost bioload”, (I saw it on brs) and everything is stable and clean.
the current stock is
2 Darwin clowns
1 tiny fire fish
1 cerith snail
2 trochus snails
1 asterina snail
1 (lobster in the sump)

I plan to add 1 big show fish and
About 5-7 little wrasses
Mostly fairy along with a leopard wrasse. Will my tank be able to sustain these fish? And how should I add them to mitigate aggression?
sorry I’m so long winded, thank you for your time!

guidedbyechoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve got a 75 gallon that’s been set up since November 16th, so it’s been up for 6 weeks tomorrow. I have 40lbs of live sand, 40lbs of dry sand. roughly 90lbs of rock, (60 dry), Then another 30lbs of established live rock that was brought home in buckets and never spent more than 2 minutes out of the water. I have gracialara exploding in the sump and Xenia taking off down there too. There’s all kinds of pods, and asterinas and brittle stars. Now I’ve been feeding 1/4-1 cube of. Mysis a day to “ghost bioload”, (I saw it on brs) and everything is stable and clean.
the current stock is
2 Darwin clowns
1 tiny fire fish
1 cerith snail
2 trochus snails
1 asterina snail
1 (lobster in the sump)

About 5-7 little wrasses
Mostly fairy along with a leopard wrasse. Will my tank be able to sustain these fish? And how should I add them to mitigate aggression?
Depends on a few things. If you are going to have coral get rid of the asterinas. As for the wrasse depends on the type. I have a solar and he's the only fairy I can keep in my tank. It's a 90. You might be able to keep two tops they are very busy fish.

OP
OP
P

prospervandale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on a few things. If you are going to have coral get rid of the asterinas. As for the wrasse depends on the type. I have a solar and he's the only fairy I can keep in my tank. It's a 90. You might be able to keep two tops they are very busy fish.
Should I buy a few sexy shrimp and let them get to work?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 5-7 little wrasses
You can make that work, depending on what you mean by the big show fish and which wrasses you choose.

The big show fish (dwarf angel, small species of tang?) generally should go last.

Which wrasses do you like? There are lots of wrasse lovers here that can help you.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose with a larger show fish you could do a small species of Bristletooth Tang like a Kole, Tomini, Squaretail, White Tail that are fine in a 75-80 though IMO a 90 would be even better.

Personally I’d do 3 wrasses (and not too big ones), a Royal Gramma or other basslet, and a Goby + Shrimp pair, maybe a dwarf Angel and call it a day. You’ll be very well stocked by then.

OP
OP
P

prospervandale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make that work, depending on what you mean by the big show fish and which wrasses you choose.

The big show fish (dwarf angel, small species of tang?) generally should go last.

Which wrasses do you like? There are lots of wrasse lovers here that can help you.
I meant something like a fox face, I like the splendid pintail fairy wrasse, the yellow coris, the melenarus, and I’d have to think about the other ones.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I meant something like a fox face, I like the splendid pintail fairy wrasse, the yellow coris, the melenarus, and I’d have to think about the other ones.

If you go with a foxface, that could go in whenever. They get a little big for my taste, but lots of people put them in 75s.

Those wrasses should work. The only risk would be the 'coris' and melanurus, since they are closely related. I would go with the fairies first and the 2 Halichoeres next at the same time.

OP
OP
P

prospervandale

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with a foxface, that could go in whenever. They get a little big for my taste, but lots of people put them in 75s.

Those wrasses should work. The only risk would be the 'coris' and melanurus, since they are closely related. I would go with the fairies first and the 2 Halichoeres next at the same time.
Guess I’ll skip the fox face. I really like multi bar angels

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back