Additional lighting to Kessil 360X

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, Ive been running kessil 360X but am wanting to experiment with more SPS focus coral. Im running a 48" long tank, and I know I would need more lighting. I cant hang anything from the ceiling, or I would go with T5 hybrid. I recently found XHO-X360 LED bracket from reefbrite, and I wonder if anybody has experience / more resources to see if this is a decent purchase? I attached the link to the fixture for more information, thanks for any advice!

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the XHO units at trade shows, they seem like a decent way to mount added strip lights to the A360X units if you want to go that route.

That being said, if you're trying to light 48" of SPS with a single A360X, you're going to need way more than just strip lights. I'd recommend 2-3 A360X units to illuminate that length of tank with just Kessils for SPS.

OP
OP
B

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen the XHO units at trade shows, they seem like a decent way to mount added strip lights to the A360X units if you want to go that route.

That being said, if you're trying to light 48" of SPS with a single A360X, you're going to need way more than just strip lights. I'd recommend 2-3 A360X units to illuminate that length of tank with just Kessils for SPS.
For sure, I’m running 2 kessil 360x now over each 24 inch part of the tank. These xho would be added on to each to replicate the 48 inch t5, obviously not the same but best I can do!

Diddypop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure, I’m running 2 kessil 360x now over each 24 inch part of the tank. These xho would be added on to each to replicate the 48 inch t5, obviously not the same but best I can do!
I’m using the XHO from Reef Brite with my A360x but instead of the kessil kit I went with the kit for the XR15 - you can angle that kit.. with all that said. If you’re looking for extra PAR I wouldn’t suggest these to accomplish that. These are more for adding “pop”. These don’t give the same PAR readings a T5 blue plus blub does. I’ve gotten pretty good PAR and pop from an Orphek led bar to accompany another tank that runs A360x’s. It’s brighter and pops a ton. Just my .02. Good luck

OP
OP
B

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the XHO from Reef Brite with my A360x but instead of the kessil kit I went with the kit for the XR15 - you can angle that kit.. with all that said. If you’re looking for extra PAR I wouldn’t suggest these to accomplish that. These are more for adding “pop”. These don’t give the same PAR readings a T5 blue plus blub does. I’ve gotten pretty good PAR and pop from an Orphek led bar to accompany another tank that runs A360x’s. It’s brighter and pops a ton. Just my .02. Good luck
Thanks I appreciate it! Definetly leaning more to t5 lately.. harder to mount but seems to be the more tested and loved option.

fromjuan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x A360X on my 48” tank with a 4 x T5 Hybrid fixture. Just recently purchased the kessil narrow reflectors and PAR levels are awesome. About 11” of space between works really good. I would recommend another A360x along with the narrow reflectors.

OP
OP
B

bmkid1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 x A360X on my 48” tank with a 4 x T5 Hybrid fixture. Just recently purchased the kessil narrow reflectors and PAR levels are awesome. About 11” of space between works really good. I would recommend another A360x along with the narrow reflectors.
Whats the average par and height you have it mounted? My tank is only 36" long, so would be less distance between the 3 LEDs. And I would have to use the AI definetly not in the market for another kessil now

juarec0201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a picture of the kessils with the xr15 mount. I went with the kessil bracket since I had some xho laying around. Just didn’t like not being able to angle them.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back