Advice on a baby blue tang

Foxface123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, wonder if anyone can offer advice if they have had they same thing, today I brought a Blue Tang (Aka Dori) he is very small about an inch and after acclimating I added him to the tank where he immediately got bullied by a damsel since then I rushed out got a fish breeding box to put him in for now to avoid the damsel before going in the box he was laying flat on the top of the magnet that secures the wave maker and now is laying on the bottom of the breeding box only getting up when I go near is he okay? (some seaweed in the box hoping he eats)

tempImageXVmDMO.png

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, what species damsel do you have? A real aggressive one can kill it just by harrassing it and stressing it. But some damsels may just be mean fo r aday or two then leave it alone.

Upvote 0

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any advice as if I let him back into the tank I'm worried the damsel will hurt him or worse
Try and get an acclimation box or use that but its probably a little to small. Give the other fish some time to get used to seeing him with out being able to get to him. Or like said above get rid of the damsel.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Foxface123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, what species damsel do you have? A real aggressive one can kill it just by harrassing it and stressing it. But some damsels may just be mean fo r aday or two then leave it alone.
I have some blue devils as I don't have any PVC should I put him back in the main tank and see how it goes or keep him in the breeder box?

Upvote 0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some blue devils as I don't have any PVC should I put him back in the main tank and see how it goes or keep him in the breeder box?
Got some rock rubble or something for him to hide?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
F

Foxface123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have small rock in that tank I could break up and try build him a place to stay in the box

Upvote 0

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9:30pm here in the UK everywhere is closed now next opportunity will be Thursday now so I think rock idea might be best
Even a small cup would work… idk that the damsels will ever play nice with him thou..

Upvote 0

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divide the tank with a piece of eggcrate material that you also "sew" with zip ties, some 1/4" plastic mesh. This will give the little guy more freedom and give you time to decide what to do about the Damsel. IMG_0256.JPG

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do it.... there's no way the damsels will let you add any new fish (talking from experience). If your dory got beat up that bad in just a few hours, it won't make it through the night.

EDIT: Egg crate like above is the only chance, its what I do in my damsel tank

Upvote 0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back