Advice on fish to add

ReefAqua2021

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Location
Washington, DC
What state or country do you live in
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’m looking to add one or two fish. I have a 175 gallon mixed reef tank. Current fish: 2 clowns, powder blue tang, fox face, tomini tang, purple tang, 2 blue green chromis, benghai cardinal, and lamarck’s angelfish. There might be a Xmas red lined wrasse but I’ve not seen him in a long time so am assuming he’s gone.
Would appreciate suggestions on an interesting or colorful fish to add.
Thank you!
 
Not sure if you got a lid, but I've always wanted some type of jawfish (blue spot) or maybe a tilefish (oreni or flashing). Can't go wrong with watchman goby either if you got sandbed.
 
Would definitely recommend a species of fairy or flasher wrasse. A couple of my favorites are the solar fairy wrasse, the yellow fin flasher wrasse, and the Yellow-Flanked Fairy Wrasse.
You could also do a cool basslet like a Swissguard basslet, or a Blackcap basslet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new