Advice on my first tank?

Welcome aboard, everything above is good guidance. Start slow and small before building up gradually. I am not a big fan of Carib Sea but it does work. I prefer Ocean Direct brand but wet rock is much better to start than dry, doesn't matter if ocean or from an established tank, just look out for anyone with apatasia and stay far away.
 

Attachments

  • Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    Reef 2 reef_20231005_074238_0000.png
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 71
Jn.
They sell it in 5lb bags also. I think Pet smart does. Love the sand, as it is a literally a mixed bag.
Yes, but this one actually looks like the picture you see. All different size grains, full of shells . I have purchased ocean direct several times. This is a unique mix. And free delivery 35.00
 
Welcome aboard~ here’s a little bit different pic than the one you liked lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8190.jpeg
    IMG_8190.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 44
Jn.

Yes, but this one actually looks like the picture you see. All different size grains, full of shells . I have purchased ocean direct several times. This is a unique mix. And free delivery 35.00
Yes! OD is in two of my tanks. I love the stuff. Although in reality the smaller sugar sand ends up at the bottom or gets siphoned out. The shells are cool especially when a hermie decides to make it a new home.
 
Welcome aboard~ here’s a little bit different pic than the one you liked lol
Omg thank you SO MUCH its so adorable and I am setting it as my home screen on my phone right now!!!
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new