Advice on switching aqua scapes

drakerp

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Oceanside
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 20 gallon peninsula, been running for 3 months now. I am new to the hobby and this is my first tank, looking at my scape and comparing to others I think I messed up. I wanted advice on how to either A) Rescape what I have to look better or B) How to go about getting new rocks and starting over. I know if I go with B it would throw off my cycle process so I also need help figuring out how to combat that. I’ve attached a picture of what the tank roughly looks like.

IMG_8755.jpeg
 
I actually don't think your current scape looks bad, but if you wanted to change it, I would break up the larger rock so you have a bunch of small to medium sized rocks to work with. Large rocks in smaller tanks throws off the perspective and makes the tank look smaller than it is.
 
I think your current setup looks good but others might disagree. Welcome to r2r
 
I agree, it looks fine. I may add a little more rock but thats it. Whatever you do, don't start over. Those rocks already have 3 months of age on them and a new set up would have to start from scratch. Bacteria is what runs the health of the tank and yours is on it's way to become a healthy set up.
 
I think your rockscape looks good as-is. As long as you keep the existing conditioned rock, you should be fine adding more if you want to.
 
I also think your scape looks good. If you found a look that you like, post a link here and maybe we can walk you through how to morph yours.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new