Advice!! Spilled ORP Calibration Fluid

kstraumi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
indianapolis
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work to discover 3 colonies of SPS with RTN. 65gal volume. Emergency 15 gal water change; removed colonies, fragged healthy sections. Salvaged what I could. Frazzled and upset over what occurred, decided to quickly calibrate pH and ORP probes(running ozone), test for NO3/PO4, etc. Only have 20 gal cistern on hand; -used 5 gal for water change on my tank at work.

Trying to quickly get things done(mistake) because of other responsibilities in the evening to humans (not fish related), I spilled ORP calibration fluid into the tank…don’t ask.

Finished my testing and calibration. ZERO salt water left on hand. Came back 2 hours later: purple tang dead, desjardinii tang dead, fox face breathing heavy and angry brown, powder blue hiding, everyone else unknown. Flushed my dead crew.

Scrambled to kick on ozone; swap out for fresh carbon. Did I mention ZERO salt water left? Running water now…how jacked up am I?? Mixed reef SPS dominate, octospawn and shroom colonies, one goni colony.

Fish I can deal with; effects on the coral???
Please advise. And thank you for your time with my post.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new