Advice stocking 150 gallon

a;lksdjf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Today I finally got my 150 gallon tank + 55 gallon sump and I am very excited about it. However, I don’t know if the tank is going to be overstocked or not with what I have planned. The tank needs some definite cleaning up since the guy I got it from had african cichlids in it. I already have some of the fish living in my 45 gallon that will be transferred over once it is cycled and those are as follows

2 ocellaris clowns
yellow coris wrasse
royal gramma
pink streaked wrasse
purple firefish

As for fish I would like to add, I was thinking

yellow tang
atlantic blue tang (will be added last bc I hear they can be aggressive)
convict, kole, or tomini tang
pyramid butterfly
one of the genacanthus angels
and a marine betta/comet

Does this seem like a viable stock list for this size tank?

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! Today I finally got my 150 gallon tank + 55 gallon sump and I am very excited about it. However, I don’t know if the tank is going to be overstocked or not with what I have planned. The tank needs some definite cleaning up since the guy I got it from had african cichlids in it. I already have some of the fish living in my 45 gallon that will be transferred over once it is cycled and those are as follows

2 ocellaris clowns
yellow coris wrasse
royal gramma
pink streaked wrasse
purple firefish

As for fish I would like to add, I was thinking

yellow tang
atlantic blue tang (will be added last bc I hear they can be aggressive)
convict, kole, or tomini tang
pyramid butterfly
one of the genacanthus angels
and a marine betta/comet

Does this seem like a viable stock list for this size tank?
sounds fine but watch out, the marine betta could eat small fish

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I have a tomini and love it. Not sure about that atlantic blue. They get pretty huge right? Maybe better suited for an 8 foot tank. The angel sound good. I have a Bellus. Might also consider a watanabei (not sure if it ends in e or i so I threw in both). How about a fairy wrasse? Pink streak will be lunch for the Beta. I'll also throw in a purple tile, one of my favorites. Will this tank have sand?

/I didn't mean to write it like a Haiku:p

OP
OP
a;lksdjf

a;lksdjf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I have a tomini and love it. Not sure about that atlantic blue. They get pretty huge right? Maybe better suited for an 8 foot tank. The angel sound good. I have a Bellus. Might also consider a watanabei (not sure if it ends in e or i so I threw in both). How about a fairy wrasse? Pink streak will be lunch for the Beta. I'll also throw in a purple tile, one of my favorites. Will this tank have sand?

/I didn't mean to write it like a Haiku:p
In all honesty I would like a powder blue or a blue hippo, but powder blues are far too aggressive for my taste, especially around a convict tang and blue hippos have the potential to get absolutely massive, so I thought an atlantic blue would be a good middle ground, but I guess not :[. Would a goldrim do better in a tank this size? Also I was mistaken I meant to say wantanabei not bellus angel LOL. Thank you for the heads up on the marine betta. And yes the tank will have sand.

OP
OP
a;lksdjf

a;lksdjf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tangs are now made of gold
Yup lol. I had planned to get mine captive bred anyways bc coming from the reptile hobby I’ve learned captive bred anything is always the way to go whenever possible so I’m used to paying extra and now that’s the cheaper option for them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back