Advice to any reefers in Jakarta

1epauletteshark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I am a new reefer in Jakarta originally from Australia and wanted to share some tips tricks and good stores I have visited because i know how difficult it is, hope this helps!

First thing i want to say is things here in Jakarta are super cheap here are some examples (all these prices are in AUD):
Yellow clown goby: $2
Tiger pistol shrimp: $15
Yasha hase goby: $16.5
Baby clownfish: $1.5
Skunk cleaner shrimp: $5
Medium bubble tip anemone: $15
Sexy shrimp: $1.5
Nassarius snail: $0.60
Turbo snail: $2
e.t.c.
But please make sure you get all you fish from a reliable source and not just any curbside shop (there are a lot!) you can very very easily get diseases and bad hitchhikers if you are buying coral
Here is my recommendation of a place to go if you want a high-quality coral, fish, (many) shrimp and snail store go to Java Aquatic, they know what they are doing, have great customer service and the owner speaks english.
They sell all sorts of tang, mandarin fish, lots of clowns, blennies, wrasse, coral banded shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, blue leg hermit crabs, all sorts of snails, anemones and coral.
My next point, be careful!!!
I was at the store yesterday and bought two baby clownfish <1.5 inches long and a coral banded shrimp and the next day the shrimp had killed and half eaten one of them also i went to return the shrimp today and i saw a bobbit worm on one of their coral frags please be careful with pests i ordered some live ocean rock and i got a bonus 2 porcelain crabs two gorilla crabs and a bristle worm make sure to take preventative measures before putting your live rock in your display tank.

I hope this helps the few if any new reefers in Jakarta on this forum

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 69 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back