Advice...

Either too much alk or Kalk.
Are you running carbon? In a mix reef, LPS and softies release toxins harmful to SPS and stony coral
 
Either too much alk or Kalk.
Are you running carbon? In a mix reef, LPS and softies release toxins harmful to SPS and stony coral


Yes on the Carbon...BRS ROX...1.5 cups changed every 30 days with the FericOxide or earlier based on PO4 testing.

I've been targeting Kalk dosing for Alk at 9.2-9.5 with Ca running 480-500...and Mg at 1500 +/-... why 'too much alk or kalk'...???
 
Yes on the Carbon...BRS ROX...1.5 cups changed every 30 days with the FericOxide or earlier based on PO4 testing.

I've been targeting Kalk dosing for Alk at 9.2-9.5 with Ca running 480-500...and Mg at 1500 +/-... why 'too much alk or kalk'...???
For now, Cease GFO as it is strong and has been known to burn up coral mainly SPS
 
For now, Cease GFO as it is strong and has been known to burn up coral mainly SPS


W/O the GFO my PO4 continues to climb...I've never run long enough to see where it settles out at. If it's possible, I have 'too many' fish in my mixed reef... thus, I'm dosing carbon, running bio pellets, GFO, and a dual chamber refuge...adding the bio pellets is what finally brought the NO3 below 15...and PO4 below 0.5... thus I can now go 2-3 days between cleaning the glass and a month or more to clean the gravel bed to get it to change from 'brown' back to 'white'...

I'm due to change the GFO this week... It is easy enough to monitor the tank and see the results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new