AEFW Bite Marks?

Acroporaguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2019
Messages
356
Reaction score
601
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do these spots look like AEFW bite marks? My tank is full of Acropora, and all of them are growing well. I haven't added any new Acros in months :-( I included a video of what looks like a FW on my A. valida?

IMG_3562.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3537.mov
    66.6 MB
I had some spots like that on my aussie gold that freaked me out. I kept an eye on them, and it turned out that's where new polyps were forming. Maybe that will give you some hope?
Where is the FW on the video?
 
The video doesn't work for me and the resolution of the pic isn't good enough to see any details. When I fought AEFW a few years ago, my valida was the first acro to get infested. Have you tried blowing the acro with a turkey baster or power head? If infected, you'll see FW fly off into the water column.

It took about 6 months for the AEFW to be noticeable in my tank after buying an infected frag, so if you think you have them, I'd act fast before they multiply too much. It's so easy for eggs to get into our system on frag plugs.

Good luck. I hope you don't have them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new