Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

I just put this coral back in my DT a week ago from a 9 week quarantine for AEFW and yesterday I see this...I dipped it in revive for around 15 minutes and didn't see anything come off. The only corals I had in the DT for the 9 weeks were a couple monti's and a birdsnest. My digitata mysteriously stned about a week and a half ago for an unknown reason. I know that AEFW are supposed to stick to only eating acros but if thats the case then I have no idea how I still have these.

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda looks like it but I'm on my phone I can't see it all that well. Might be old damage? Are you sure you got rid of them in the first place? What method did you use to get rid of them?

OP
OP
blkhawk10

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I threw the two heavily infested colonies away, dipped the other acros in revive and put them in a QT...I dipped all the acros in the QT once a week in revive and I never really saw much come off the frags as I'm pretty sure I caught it early. I put putty on the encrusted parts of the coral in the DT so there would be nothing to eat. I waited 9 weeks, dipped the acros again before putting them in the DT didn't see anything come off and now this.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's REALLY hard to tell. If it is then it looks old. If you dipped the frag above and nothing came off, if it was in fact bites I'd say they are old bites.

nashorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's REALLY hard to tell. If it is then it looks old. If you dipped the frag above and nothing came off, if it was in fact bites I'd say they are old bites.
+1 Yea hard to tell but I say it's not since it doesn't look like the pattern of bit marks.
Look for any eggs around the base.
Revive will kill them for sure. You see them wiggle off.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those three spots are suspicious. They can heal quickly if no new bites, so see if you end up healing or with more bites.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back