zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120REEF-03282017%20-%201.jpg

120REEF-03282017%20-%202.jpg

High level of zoom here, but you get the gist. Came off during a CoralRX dip from a new shipment of acros/montis/chalices.

kashman100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe try with flash on. Pretty blurry. Can you flip it and get pic. Could be asternia star. They have funny shapes sometimes before they grow legs back

OP
OP
zachxlutz

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not an asterina... I saw a few of those in the dip water, as well. These moved like the ghost flatworms I see in my tank.

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm incredibly surprised it came off with coral rx! i just had to tackle these things in my system... i strongly recommend Bayer advanced. 50ml per gallon 7-8 minutes for 6-7 weeks. anything encrusted, snap it off. anything on plugs, cut fresh and re-glue. hopefully they're not in your system though.

coralseas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a bunch of wrasses and they have products like flat worm stop from KZ + coral vitalizer, I think. The KZ products make the corals unpalatable. Works for some

2Wheelsonly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a bunch of wrasses and they have products like flat worm stop from KZ + coral vitalizer, I think. The KZ products make the corals unpalatable. Works for some

Total junk in my experience. Cost me $75 monthly and gave up using it after 5 months. I don't like talking bad about products but this stuff just seems like it does nothing but empty your wallet.

OP
OP
zachxlutz

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like one.

Ewwwww.

Yes afraid so. It is awfw. Sorry :(

Again. Ewwwwwwwwww.

I'm incredibly surprised it came off with coral rx! i just had to tackle these things in my system... i strongly recommend Bayer advanced. 50ml per gallon 7-8 minutes for 6-7 weeks. anything encrusted, snap it off. anything on plugs, cut fresh and re-glue. hopefully they're not in your system though.

Thanks for the advice. The corals were dipped in CoralRX and then in Bayer at time of receipt. I'm hoping this took care of it.

Thanks for the advice. I've got two leopard wrasses and a Temminckii wrasse about to complete QT process and head into the tank. Looking to add a Melanurus in the near future as well. Not sure I want to add anything to my dosing routine until I see a reason to do so.

Total junk in my experience. Cost me $75 monthly and gave up using it after 5 months. I don't like talking bad about products but this stuff just seems like it does nothing but empty your wallet.

Interesting, I'm not too keen on adding anything else to my dosing routine, as stated above, so until I see a need to treat or combat these pests I'm going to hold off anyway. When the time arises, if I need to, I'll do some more research, but I do appreciate the feedback. Did you see any positive benefits from the KZ products? How did you deal with your flatworm problem?

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it could be aefw, keep in mind it could just be a regular ol flatworm that came off in the dip. Do you see signs of predation on the frag?

OP
OP
zachxlutz

zachxlutz

120 Gallons of FUN
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it could be aefw, keep in mind it could just be a regular ol flatworm that came off in the dip. Do you see signs of predation on the frag?

Nothing that looks like any sort of pest irritation on the new frags. I've googled all the common pests and done a bunch of research, peered in the tank during lights off and see no signs of eggs or predation.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AEFW I've seen usually has a center dividing line. It's different than the others in that regard. I'm not seeing that is this picture.

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just got a shipment of Sapphire Damsel's (Chrysiptera springeri) They eat flat worms. they are also not very aggressive. I have about 30 in my display at home

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 11.1%
Back