AEFW or Acoel?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kartrsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kartrsu

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
874
Reaction score
580
Location
Glendale, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently going through a dipping process for AEFW. Gone through 4 dips so far. Decided to check the frags in plain saltwater since KCl tends to melt AEFW, so hard to confirm if there are any after dipping. Does this look like an acoel worm or AEFW? Seems to move too fast vs AEFW. I know I do have acoel flatworms.


IMG_6626.jpeg
 
Last edited:
That looks like a pod or something similar other than a flatworm of any kind.

I swear I saw a tiny ant- but no worms in that cinematic thriller?

Still pictures under better lighting may help figure this out.
 
Currently going through a dipping process for AEFW. Gone through 4 dips so far. Decided to check the frags in plain saltwater since KCl tends to melt AEFW, so hard to confirm if there are any after dipping. Does this look like an acoel worm or AEFW? Seems to move too fast vs AEFW. I know I do have acoel flatworms.


IMG_6626.jpeg

Doesn’t look like an aefw
 
I would have sworn that there was no worm but I trust you for these things more than my old eyes. :cool:
Yeah, the critter in the video looks like a different critter than the one in the pic - the pic is definitely a flatworm though.
 
Thanks all for the confirmation. There was no dipping solution in this video and I’ve seen these acoel flatworms scurry in a similar manner. Seems to move way too fast to be a baby AEFW, unless that’s not a good way to tell them apart. It was the only worm I found on my acro frags, so good to know the dipping is working.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new