Aefw or the dreaded black bug??

Daryl 1500L

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2021
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Surrey
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has come across this mast big that I have found terrorising my frag tank.

some people say black bug and some are say aefw.

CEDCEDBC-D020-4CAB-983D-414B5CB0E9EE.jpeg 51AB0ECE-7852-4219-BDAA-7D17475CB6C0.jpeg 86AAC406-B220-4E2B-8DCA-60AC18C273C6.jpeg
 
The AEFW's that I'm familiar with are usually more of a tan/brown color. Are there a large number of these on your corals? What is it causing the coral to do? RTN/STN/etc?
 
the corals are stn from the base up, I have 1000L display and a 6ft tank next to it full to the brim with frags,firstly they started to slime then slowly deteriorate.

I dipped a couple that looked bad and found only a few of these little worms but then once I decided to do a mass dip I found lots. but I didn't actually see any on any of the corals and I haven't seen any eggs on any of the skeletons of the corals.also the main display in unaffected lol.

I have dipped everything in the display tank yesterday and Sunday I will dip everything in my display and do each every other weekend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new