AEFW wont die

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coris and six line get along fine its just the melanarus that doesn't like to play well :( as for catching them I usually just try and wait until the lights have been out for a while and get them while they sleep. LOL or if they are being harassed too bad they usually hover in the top corners of the tank and I net them out from there.

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomoko...... Call John at CRA he could probably tell you about your fish problem specially if you got them from him. He is always willing to give you his opinion about his live stock. If you find they will not get along.. Please let me know and I may buy one off ya. I work at Redstone, we should be close.:bigsmile:

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the advice, firefightered.

I don't find my sixline causing a havoc or anything. He is a bit of bully, but my other fish pretty much ignore him. I find it annoying when I see him swooping down at my mandarin periodically.

I have never seen my fish cowering at the top corners of my tank although I've heard before that they will do that if harrased too much. That sure makes it easy to rescue fish.

I would like to get my big old yellow tail damsel out (he kills all new conspecifics) so that I can have more young yellow tail damsels together. I like their very bright colors. Young ones get along (although they squabble from time to time) and never harass other fish in my past experience. Unfortunately my recent attempt to catch the old yellow tail damsel failed miserably...

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning to remove my yellow tail because he is ALWAYS grumpy. He will not hardly let my pair of line gobies eat without running them back under thier rock. I have notice several flat worms in my tank lately and was concidering a wrasse. I just want 1 or 2 that will get along with my other inhabitants. I am going to try the gatarade bottle tech. to catch the yellow tail bully and GIVE him to my neighbor.......... The little jurk!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions on the wrasse?

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Bullies tend to get even more billigerent in a small tank. The size of your tank puts a limit on what you can have, too.

If you want to get rid of red planaria type flatworms, the best fish for that would be a sixline wrasse. Mandarin goby eats red planaria as well, but you need to make sure that you have enough other food for it since most of them won't eat prepared food. Some people successfully train their Mandarin to eat frozen food. I have not bothered to do so. My male Mandarin has somehow learned to eat frozen food while his mate does not.

firefightered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 46 gal bowfront that has been going for about 4 years. I would love to have a Manderin but I'm still not sure if I have enough copepods yet. I do have about 60 lbs of live rock and I see several copepods but I also have read they love to eat. I have put some rubble in both my refuge and DT about a month ago in hopes of some day getting one or two of those beautiful fish. I am going to try to catch that Dansel in the next couple of days. I work 24 on and 24 off so it's hard to find the time to try and monitor the trap. I don't want to put the burdan on my 12 yr old and my wife wants nothing to do with the tank. Maybe she'll change her mind once I get it looking good again. I had it here at the fire station at one time and had an exterminator destroy almost every thing. It's taken me about 1 1/2 yrs to finally be able to have corals again.

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, how blatant! I myself have never been guilty of trying to hijack a thread!

Shame, shame, Tomoko! :snicker:

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out, Mr. Troll. I'll get yours next.

nohopeforthread.jpg

OP
OP
Yerboy

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i think i got these guys whooped. After i made this thread i did 2 more h2o2 dips and have been blasting each coral daily. After the first few days i would see 4-5 worms fly off and get eaten by my fish. After about the 5th day and since i have yet to find anymore worms or eggs. Could it be that i nailed them? I sure hope so.

OP
OP
Yerboy

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was a 50/50 h202 dip 30 seconds to a min. Corals look like crap directly after but color back up within a day or 2. The AEFW start falling off within 5 seconds. Cant beat it imo. Not one coral loss and i was dipping every 3rd day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back