Both clowns died over night ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another fish died, can’t seems to future out the cause still, I checked all the levels again everything is where it supposed to be. I took a close up picture as I could for any signs of sickness. To me old saying happened to me, something went wrong everything in the tank died. I did inquired around the LFS but no help everyone said their own theory. Pretty much sad about the situation not sure what to do where to start.

Anyone else experienced something like this. What y’all did and how did you cured and what you did next.

32g bio cube (little under 6 months old)
PH 8
Ammonia 0.25 PPm
Nitrite 0 PPm
Nitrates 0 PPm
water salinity 1.26
Carline protein skimmer runs 24x7
Coraline UV sterilizer
Water changed past Sunday after clowns and Royal Gamma died.

Dosing All for reef every other day 5-10 drops a day
Target feeding corals Read Sea AB+ everyday
Phyto every two days 5-6 drops for Clam/feather dusters and other invertebrates

I am not sure what to do after seeing the tang two weeks ago I posted that I have learnt a lot of things and being proud to be a starter reefer and dealing with his within two weeks is very overwhelming.

Tang been in the tank for 3 1/2 month.
Clowns who died been there from day 2
Goby who died been there from 10 day of the tank
#med#medics

IMG_8872.jpeg IMG_8870.jpeg IMG_8871.jpeg IMG_8874.jpeg
Are the fish breathing rapidly before they are dying? If all of the invertebrates are doing good, things would point to a fish disease.

OP
OP
A

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the fish breathing rapidly before they are dying? If all of the invertebrates are doing good, things would point to a fish disease.
No they seemed just fine, they ate as usual with full appetite too last night. Tang finished her garlic sea weed as well. Morning found out she died.

This is the only strange behavior I see with Cormie hanging out with Watchman. Now I left with Mandrian/ Cormier/ watchman. Moreover my 30 something corals are thriving Is there anything I can add for oxygen if you think it’s that?

What are those bubble appearing seems bubble algae bloom?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 25

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they seemed just fine, they ate as usual with full appetite too last night. Tang finished her garlic sea weed as well. Morning found out she died.

This is the only strange behavior I see with Cormie hanging out with Watchman. Now I left with Mandrian/ Cormier/ watchman. Moreover my 30 something corals are thriving Is there anything I can add for oxygen if you think it’s that?

What are those bubble appearing seems bubble algae bloom?
Aeration is important to drive off carbon dioxide and increase oxygen. An air stone works well for that. Skimmers also aerate pretty well. Pumps splashing the surface are not as good.

OP
OP
A

amdp9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aeration is important to drive off carbon dioxide and increase oxygen. An air stone works well for that. Skimmers also aerate pretty well. Pumps splashing the surface are not as good.
Anything you see on him, he is still alive but in the corner not eating ? #medics #emergency #HELP

Attachments

• IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8887.jpeg
    IMG_8887.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 22

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything you see on him, he is still alive but in the corner not eating ? #medics #emergency #HELP
The mandarin has some sort of skin infection. It could be bacterial or protozoan, no way to tell visually. There is a protozoan disease called Brooklynella that can cause white mucus like this. You could try 90 minute Ruby Reef Rally Pro dips, but putting the fish back into the tank will likely just reinfect it. What you really need is a hospital tank to move all of the fish into and treat them there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back