AEFW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wolla
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wolla

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2017
Messages
51
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my corals was going was starting to go white.. i couldnt figure out since everything else was doing well until i noticed little round marks on the coral

Looked it up and aefw came up... so i dipped it in some revive.... worked a charm with a 15m dip

Bigger then i expected and more of them then i thought

20190817_205351.jpg 20190909_195924.jpg 20190930_153116.jpg 20190930_153126.jpg
 
I just went through this in my frag tank. Lost about 80% of my acros. I tried everything. Flatworm exit, dips, even put a dang six line in. Took 7-8 weeks to eradicate. Only fed the tank phyto or marine snow, and the six line had doubled in size. In my experience flatworm exit didnt work, but using a dip of revive and iodine every other day and adding the six line worked pretty good.
Wish you luck, it's not gonna be fun, but if you're persistent, you might be able to get ahead of this.
 
Thanks for the advise...the infected acro was by itself, the other corals arnt showing any signs yet as they are on the other side of the tank 3foot away but will put them through a dip... i have a black leopard wrasse but obviously didnt spot them or wasn't intrested in them
 
If you have more in the tank how would you treat them? Wormwood or flatworm stop is a really simple easy method for an in tank treatment but it takes a while.
 
I have a green spott mandarin in my DT, they eat flat worms.
 
Bbfishb81, i have never had luck with those fish eating aefw. Flatworm exit is only for red planaria and doesn’t work for aefw.
 
Are they AEFW, or the more generic planarian flatworms?
 
Bbfishb81, i have never had luck with those fish eating aefw. Flatworm exit is only for red planaria and doesn’t work for aefw.
Figured it wouldn't hurt to try. my mandarin was eating them in the frag tank, just not fast enough, and so I put the six line in instead. Dont like their aggression towards other fish, so just moved the mandarin to my DT so he wouldn't get harassed.
 
I can't stand when experienced reefers confuse red planaria with AEFW. Every single time I see someone discussing AEFW and using flatworm exit I just immediately stop reading and move on. This wrong info constantly gets passed around.
 
I can't stand when experienced reefers confuse red planaria with AEFW. Every single time I see someone discussing AEFW and using flatworm exit I just immediately stop reading and move on. This wrong info constantly gets passed around.
They must not be that experienced then...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new