Aesthetically pleasing?

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally had to rescale, what ya think? I am not partial to the flat rock in the front, since I wanted to colonize it. The wife on the other hand…
Whatcha think? Is it aesthetically pleasing, and will colonizing it still work @ that angle?
7FD74A65-BD50-40D5-B5F9-D7C94998428F.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other then the fake ship, and anchor, which will only get covered in algae anyways, looks good to me.

Corals will most certainly grow on a flat vertical surface with out issues as they stretch to reach the light.

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above... hard to even pay attention to the aquascape with the toys in the tank... maybe take them out and place them beside the tank or on a nearby shelf... as above has said, they'll just turn purple, brown or green after a few months.

Behind the anchor, if you can look passed it, seems like 2 big rocks angled in a way that there may be a cave between them, but it looks like one large rock face from this view. Maybe you could play with that a bit to open it up some. Other than that, i think it looks good, but under the clownfish, is what looks like an "L" shaped rock that the trochus snail is on... that lines up too well with the ridge to the left and gives it a less natural appearance so maybe relocate that or arrange it in a way that looks more random and less man made

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already mentioned it don’t care for the anchor and the boat, but otherwise I like the left side of the tank. As you pointed out I don’t personally like the rock wall look on the right side of the tank. Corals can grow on that surface though, soft corals would stretch for the light and stony corals will bend and grow towards the light.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back