Are these invasive? What are these?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No to lemon juice or coral glue? Coral glue has always been my preferred method of execution for many pests and I always have it on hand, just wondering if I completely cover the polyps with glue, will they come back?
You can try the glue. Since yours don't seem to be the kind that rapidly spread, you might not NEED to do anything.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is a fairly large tank (120 gallons) and a fairly small hydroid growth so I'm not too sure on what the effects would be, but would coral glue work?
Gel Glue works on anything- even our fingers :D

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a fairly large tank (120 gallons) and a fairly small hydroid growth so I'm not too sure on what the effects would be, but would coral glue work?
MINE I thought was the TYPE that does not spread till a week ago..!!! Now I really think about it they have been there for over a year!!! I found some old pictures and they there a year ago! They must of had a spawn, I do really believe this to be true. Found some in my 90g as well last night right at the very bottom of my rock work... It is on the same system as my 120. I have to get this under control but FASTTTTT. Just beware and attack it head on now...really. I am going to remove any rock and scrape, cut, hammer, glue, dip, just about anything I can do. 26 year old coralline live rock bought and shipped with each rock individually bag in sea water. NOT news paper crap, I have understood that!. You can not even get this rock anymore "ever" it was banded for export. Also I read where they are NOT good for fish at all as well as corals. Be sure to wear good gloves as they can be very poisonous as well..! Good luck my friend, good luck and God Speed. And thank you to all really...

Last edited:

Yodaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad I saw this come up, I have a few small clumps, but one really large one I need to find a solution to! The rock has 2 corals on it, and is a base piece, so removing it is a big task if that’s what is required

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to removing the hydroids at the base of my leather
20240206_164600.jpg
20240206_164548.jpg

Lets see them escape half a tube of coral glue :)

OP
OP
Delatedlotus

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to removing the hydroids at the base of my leather
20240206_164600.jpg
20240206_164548.jpg

Lets see them escape half a tube of coral glue :)
I hope it works.. I don't see why not. Captured in there own home... RIP. Good job keep us all posted for sure.. I just got in some Franks Aiptasia paste I am going to try it. Glue I am sure will work... Franks?, I will keep all posted as well. I really wonder just how many people have these no just don't know it yet. Common..? Again I don't know for sure, as they might not either. We be the fortune it ones.. gezzzzzzzzzz

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back