AF OceanGuard 790 Aquarium

bio14guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I’m looking at upgrading to a 5’ tank and I have found the 790 on brs but haven’t really seen much reviews/builds on the tank. Does anyone have this tank and if so what are your thoughts. Seems to be at a higher price point than others like waterbox and Red Sea.
Thanks

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 605 one and I wouldn't go with any other brand that you can get from the shelf. Watch some of the video about the oceanguard series.

The stand is the best quality you can get. It comes put together already besides the doors and the aesthetic panels. You get to choose from a few different colors besides just black and white compared to what other offer. The stand it self is marine yatch wood and trust me it is a hefty piece. And with a size tank like that, I dont know how people build there ikea like stands from red sea or waterbox, I did it for a waterbox 35 gallon, and the slightest screw off angle or those screw in inserts and your stand is not completely even. With so much gallons of water in a 5 foot tank I would take a risk with anything besides a prebuilt stand.

The plumping on the oceanguard is very well put together and just feels like quality. Very easy to install and it is very easy to adjust.

There is also a big ATO section which means I am not worrying about adding water more than once every 1-2 weeks.

The only thing I would take over an Aquaforest oceanguard is probably a Cade or a custom build.

jzhang319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I’m looking at upgrading to a 5’ tank and I have found the 790 on brs but haven’t really seen much reviews/builds on the tank. Does anyone have this tank and if so what are your thoughts. Seems to be at a higher price point than others like waterbox and Red Sea.
Thanks
Hi ! I see this thread is a couple of months old already, but here’s my take on the tank. I’ve been in the saltwater aquarium hobby for a little over 10 years, and I recently had to breakdown my 1st reef tank and I bought the ocean guard 790 as my replacement. It is absolutely amazing. The build quality is top notch. Forgot to mention my first tank was a reef savvy tank, so im not comparing a Honda civic to a Lamborghini , sort of speak. But again, the ocean guard is really good tank. I am looking into modifying the sump to install a filter fleece and like you guys said before, there are rarely any info on this tank/build. Let me know if you guys come across anything in regards to this tank/build. Thanks in advance. Happy reefing !!

jzhang319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ! I see this thread is a couple of months old already, but here’s my take on the tank. I’ve been in the saltwater aquarium hobby for a little over 10 years, and I recently had to breakdown my 1st reef tank and I bought the ocean guard 790 as my replacement. It is absolutely amazing. The build quality is top notch. Forgot to mention my first tank was a reef savvy tank, so im not comparing a Honda civic to a Lamborghini , sort of speak. But again, the ocean guard is really good tank. I am looking into modifying the sump to install a filter fleece and like you guys said before, there are rarely any info on this tank/build. Let me know if you guys come across anything in regards to this tank/build. Thanks in advance. Happy reefing !
opps

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back