After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this? I just read as I am suppose to have the exact same size tank built from the same manufacturer. Just curious if they made it right as this has me worried.
Did you order it yet? I bet he'd cut you a great deal on the one in my garage! LOL Seriously... can you imagine the happy dance this guy would do if someone sent him a request for a tank 72.25 x 22.5 x 19 with a black background and 1" sides + 1/2" front and back?
Laughing Hard GIF by memecandy
He'd buy a lottery ticket.

esiebert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order it yet? I bet he'd cut you a great deal on the one in my garage! LOL Seriously... can you imagine the happy dance this guy would do if someone sent him a request for a tank 72.25 x 22.5 x 19 with a black background and 1" sides + 1/2" front and back?
Laughing Hard GIF by memecandy
He'd buy a lottery ticket.
I ordered it about 8 weeks ago. It's suppose to be 72x24x19 tall. You get a good deal cause he uses leftover pieces. It's suppose to be 3/4 on all 4 sides and 1/2 top and bottom with external overflow. I truly hope yours was a mistake. Keep me updated

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered it about 8 weeks ago. It's suppose to be 72x24x19 tall. You get a good deal cause he uses leftover pieces. It's suppose to be 3/4 on all 4 sides and 1/2 top and bottom with external overflow. I truly hope yours was a mistake. Keep me updated
I hope you have a better experience. Welcome to the fishy family!!

One take away that I got from this ... make sure he sends you the CAD drawing and a final spec list. I know he loves emails but it would certainly be cleaner and more professional. Also, follow up to make sure that he is including a pad to go under the tank. He told me that was included from the beginning. There was nothing under my tank but the crate itself. You'd think just for shipping that there would have been styrofoam or some sort of pad beneath it.

esiebert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you have a better experience. Welcome to the fishy family!!

One take away that I got from this ... make sure he sends you the CAD drawing and a final spec list. I know he loves emails but it would certainly be cleaner and more professional. Also, follow up to make sure that he is including a pad to go under the tank. He told me that was included from the beginning. There was nothing under my tank but the crate itself. You'd think just for shipping that there would have been styrofoam or some sort of pad beneath it.
I actually do have some cad drawings to go off that he sent me. I have done saltwater before. My last tank was 240 gallons but I was moving so couldn't take with. My current place doesn't have wall space for 8 feet so going with 6 feet and I like the look of the shallow reef. Fish room and everything are done. I just hope my experience is better. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually do have some cad drawings to go off that he sent me. I have done saltwater before. My last tank was 240 gallons but I was moving so couldn't take with. My current place doesn't have wall space for 8 feet so going with 6 feet and I like the look of the shallow reef. Fish room and everything are done. I just hope my experience is better. Fingers crossed.
I truly hope that my experience lends to him tightening up quality control. I'm trying to stay positive. God willing, this all works out and maybe your tank doesn't take over 5 months to arrive... this has been a very looooong 10-12 weeks. Looking forward to a positive outcome for us both.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly hope that my experience lends to him tightening up quality control. I'm trying to stay positive. God willing, this all works out and maybe your tank doesn't take over 5 months to arrive... this has been a very looooong 10-12 weeks. Looking forward to a positive outcome for us both.
Wow, what a frustrating situation! Very sorry you have to deal with this. No excuse for no agreed upon resolution by the company by now. Good luck in getting the best possible outcome. Time for them to back up the positive emails with positive action!

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, what a frustrating situation! Very sorry you have to deal with this. No excuse for no agreed upon resolution by the company by now. Good luck in getting the best possible outcome. Time for them to back up the positive emails with positive action!
Winter Olympics Applause GIF by SB Nation
Agreed.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see the logic behind 1” ends and 1/2” front/back .... but I guess lots of people do things that I’d not LOL. I’ve got a tank on order from them. 63x22x24 (to fit in a specific space) with 3/4” walls and 1/2” top and bottom. Fingers crossed!

My current 450 has 1” walls and it is a problem for most flow pumps.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see the logic behind 1” ends and 1/2” front/back .... but I guess lots of people do things that I’d not LOL. I’ve got a tank on order from them. 63x22x24 (to fit in a specific space) with 3/4” walls and 1/2” top and bottom. Fingers crossed!

My current 450 has 1” walls and it is a problem for most flow pumps.
Agreed. I'd have rather gone 1/2 all around than 1" and 1/2" mixed.
3/4" seems to be the most common order, so I would not imagine they have a shortage of material.
@HighChiefKC had a positive experience.... so we can all hope that my tank was just a bad day. Disappointing that the response is taking so long.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1615231182474.png

So.... GOOD NEWS. I received this update this morning. I responded with appreciation but also requested that this replacement tank be given additional quality control prior to shipping. I attached the following three photos of what the seams look like on this tank. Not trying to be uptight, but this certainly gives me pause considering the weight this tank will hold.

Attachments

• PXL_20210308_190621471.jpg
    PXL_20210308_190621471.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 119
  • PXL_20210308_190744524.jpg
    PXL_20210308_190744524.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 125
  • PXL_20210308_190508111.jpg
    PXL_20210308_190508111.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 114

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1615231182474.png

So.... GOOD NEWS. I received this update this morning. I responded with appreciation but also requested that this replacement tank be given additional quality control prior to shipping. I attached the following three photos of what the seams look like on this tank. Not trying to be uptight, but this certainly gives me pause considering the weight this tank will hold.

Agree good new, hope you have received more communication from them than that one line though o_O

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree good new, hope you have received more communication from them than that one line though o_O
That is the sum total of communication received since Wednesday. (post #105) Really inspiring, huh? :rolleyes: If I were a betting person, I'd wager that the next communication will be from a shipping agent a few weeks from now.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget, if they fast track your new tank to keep track of the date of completion. It may need to sit longer to cure. I had a custom tank built and to my house so fast, the manufacture asked I let it cure for two extra weeks.

May not be an issue, but something to consider.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about your struggles. I was lucky to have a great custom acrylic builder in the city and used him. The tank turned out great. I also gave the overflow info and he drilled as needed. Could not be happier.

I hope this time around it is perfect. Wonder what you are to do with the old one? They are not overly communicative.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget, if they fast track your new tank to keep track of the date of completion. It may need to sit longer to cure. I had a custom tank built and to my house so fast, the manufacture asked I let it cure for two extra weeks.

May not be an issue, but something to consider.
Great point to consider. I will ask him that. I would much rather that he take time to do it correctly than have more problems. Maybe he'll even respond! LOL

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about your struggles. I was lucky to have a great custom acrylic builder in the city and used him. The tank turned out great. I also gave the overflow info and he drilled as needed. Could not be happier.

I hope this time around it is perfect. Wonder what you are to do with the old one? They are not overly communicative.
I have asked what the next steps are. You see my answer. LOL
The old one is still wrapped in plastic, sitting on the shipping crate.
We shall wait and see. I think he was hoping that he could just arrange shipping of this tank to the next person and mine from them but .... clearly that is not the case.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have asked what the next steps are. You see my answer. LOL
The old one is still wrapped in plastic, sitting on the shipping crate.
We shall wait and see. I think he was hoping that he could just arrange shipping of this tank to the next person and mine from them but .... clearly that is not the case.

Haha if there really was a mixup I know why the other person is not responding. They got your check and acrylic that wont require a 20 pound magnet to hold a pump on :)

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha if there really was a mixup I know why the other person is not responding. They got your check and acrylic that wont require a 20 pound magnet to hold a pump on :)
or they saw the pictures of their tank on this forum and decided they liked mine better! LOL

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sucks. I'm so sorry.
Thanks. I take it that you are still twisting in the wind on yours?

I'm trying to be patient. I did message him back, following the advice of @DaneGer21 ... told him that I don't want it rushed, I want it right. Not that I want to wait 5 more months but I will really be defeated if another tank sits in my garage with seams that look like this one.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back