After 5 months and 22 days..... the tank is here (but not as ordered).

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The little lights aren't twinkling, Clark.

Excited Christmas Vacation GIF by IFC
Thanks for noticing Ed.

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with asking for a huuuuge discount. One that can make you happy knowing you need a new stand. Maybe they can pay for a stand that will work and all the rock you’ll need to stock it with. They do NOT want it back. Better foe them to lose money on this one than make you another. Remember it’s a total loss for them plus probably $400 to ship it back from your house. Don’t be shy.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with asking for a huuuuge discount. One that can make you happy knowing you need a new stand. Maybe they can pay for a stand that will work and all the rock you’ll need to stock it with. They do NOT want it back. Better foe them to lose money on this one than make you another. Remember it’s a total loss for them plus probably $400 to ship it back from your house. Don’t be shy.

They've made the OP a new tank.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I just noticed how much of this I missed. I thought I read the whole string. Glad it ended well.
Don't jinx me yet, it still needs to travel all of the way from PA to FLA... Godspeed and no potholes.
I hope to have confirmation tomorrow and finally get the OG oops tank out of my garage. Hand to heaven, I just want my garage back. LOL It's getting hot outside.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... the tank shipped yesterday and the check is in the mail. The delivery agent will pick up the OG when they deliver the new one. I am so relieved that I will not have to deal with that. I would not want to curse someone with that tank... and I shall soon have my garage back!!! WOO HOO

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the check arrived today!! Woo Hoo!
The tank .... well... that has not arrived. They called late Sunday to say it would come today between 1-5. I called them back 4 minutes later and again 3 times today to confirm because that is incredibly short notice to take off of work. They do not answer the phone....or return calls. So frustrating... I lost a whole day of work and no tank.
The OG tank is crated and ready to go home though..... if they ever show up.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the check arrived today!! Woo Hoo!
The tank .... well... that has not arrived. They called late Sunday to say it would come today between 1-5. I called them back 4 minutes later and again 3 times today to confirm because that is incredibly short notice to take off of work. They do not answer the phone....or return calls. So frustrating... I lost a whole day of work and no tank.
The OG tank is crated and ready to go home though..... if they ever show up.
When it does show up, even though it’s not the drivers fault or maybe it is, take your good old time inspecting it before signing

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it does show up, even though it’s not the drivers fault or maybe it is, take your good old time inspecting it before signing
Somehow, I do not think they are going to stand around while we remove 30 screws from a crate but it's a nice thought. The other guy on the forum had one show up a day early and they left it in his driveway.

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @ca1ore ... you still standing on that styrofoam? We're not home yet. LOL

I did find a buyer for my existing 90 gallon system though. A newlywed kid that my kids know is closing on a new house in August. He sold me that cool cave rock covered in Zoas, along with the Xenia and Frodo the fish (rip) when he moved into an apartment.

I'm going to keep my existing tank running as a frag tank until August and then he'll have a fully operational tank ready to run when he closes on his house. He'll bring by dry rock later in the summer to seed. It's not netting much money but it's getting a fellow reefer out of the gate, which is the silver lining of all of this. (Plus, he's so good at raising coral - like the green thumb of coral.... future frag buddy.)

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... no show, no call yesterday. 15 minutes ago... beep beep beep... big truck pulls up. They would not take the OG tank. They would not even move the OG tank with the pallet jack, so it would not block the path to the door or make it easier to get the OG tank out later. Just plop, here is your crate - take a picture... sign here and run.
I can't be mad at the guy. He is a subcontractor of a subcontractor. He is just doing his job and he gets paid by the delivery.
Now, I have two coffin sized crates in my garage. Should we start a betting pool if the OG tank will ever leave? I'm almost afraid to open the new one after this whole ordeal. 7 months and 16 days .... could this finally be the day I have a new tank that isn't jacked up?

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... no show, no call yesterday. 15 minutes ago... beep beep beep... big truck pulls up. They would not take the OG tank. They would not even move the OG tank with the pallet jack, so it would not block the path to the door or make it easier to get the OG tank out later. Just plop, here is your crate - take a picture... sign here and run.
I can't be mad at the guy. He is a subcontractor of a subcontractor. He is just doing his job and he gets paid by the delivery.
Now, I have two coffin sized crates in my garage. Should we start a betting pool if the OG tank will ever leave? I'm almost afraid to open the new one after this whole ordeal. 7 months and 16 days .... could this finally be the day I have a new tank that isn't jacked up?
Don't leave us in suspense too long!! Hoping for the best.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back