After Chemiclean....

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was weird really. I've only every used it twice. The first time I only did about 10 to 20% through the skimmer, this last time I was surprised by how much it took to finally calm down.

Don't know if the chemiclean killed more cyano then the first time I used it, but it definitely took a significant amount more.

OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like ill have to make some water and try letting run and empty the cup as it fills, since there isnt a drain on the cup

OP
OP
P

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have listened the first time. I changed about 10g out by emptying the skimmer cup. It's not overflowing anymore, not producing skim yet, but not overflowing

SDK

Reef Diver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news then!

After all that wet skimming it will take a day or two to start producing good foam again, but you are out of the woods now at least...

Neoalchemist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what ive done also. Seems like the skimmer easily skimms out the med but you have to replace the skimmate water with clean salt water repeatedly to remove it. It also helps to have an air control valve so you can allow the skimmer to draw water without drawing in too much air.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back